Monday, August 13, 2012

Cheap Project Containers

If you are like me you typically have a few projects on the go; some big, some small.

It's nice to be able to keep them together; instructions/pattern, yarn, and needles.

Here are a couple of cheap and portable solutions I've found:

1. use those plastic boxes that dishwasher soap tablets come in. Cut a corner out of the lid and you can use it as a yarn bowl. These things come in two sizes where I live, the bigger size easily holds 2 skeins. You do have to wash these containers though because they absolutely reek of dishwasher detergent.

[dishwasher tablet box as project holder]

2. Go to your local dollar store and pick up some cheap pencil cases. I've found ones that are 8.5"x11" and made of some kind of nylon netting, for $2 each. They're the right size for patterns and your needles can't poke holes in them (unlike ziplock bags!). I love these for travelling - pop one into your backpack or purse and you're good to knit on-the-go!

[pencil case from the dollar store as project holder]

Any more ideas out there?

1 comment:

  1. That's actually a excellent idea; especially for my double pointed needles that I keep losing.

    ReplyDelete