I also thought I'd try to figure out some nice decorative edgings. Here are a few I've been able to source:
- Latvian Twist (this is an easy cast-on technique - can be done with many colours)
- Latvian Braid (basically, colourwork with the purl side showing, while being consistent about twisting the yarns around each other - can be done anywhere in your work, and with as many colours as you like)
- Braided cast-on (again, can be done with many colours)
- Then there is this cross-over between a picot cast-on and the twist technique, which produces a neat row of picots with eyelets above.
- fringed cast-on, or use the loop stitch to create one or more rows along the bottom of your work.